Western Trailer & Marine Sales, LLC

Search Inventory | RVs | Marine | Contact Us
Home | Duke's Truck Accessories

 Canadian Customers
Important Information...
Now is the best time for our friends in Canada to purchase
a new or preowned RV or boat.  With exchange rates at there current
low rates and our low pricing, the benefits to our customers
in Canada to purchase goods in the United States has never been better.
We have sold many RV's and boats into Canada over the years, but as the exchange
rates have gotten closer to even more and more customers have been making
the trip from Canada to purchase new and preowned RV's.  Western Trailer & Marine Sales
understands the paperwork and the process needed to ensure our customers
have a simple border crossing experience.
The import process is a simple one.  We supply all the necessary paper work
needed for the border office.
Paperwork consists of the following:
PURCHASE ORDER - Showing the vehicle identification number and the
agreed to purchase price.  This needs to be a signed original as the Canada
border agent will calculate the goods and service tax from the paid amount on
the purchase order.
RECALL CLEARANCE LETTER - This can be a faxed copy but does need
to be on the manufacturers company letter head and must show the VIN number
of the vehicle being purchased.
TITLE or MSO - The title or MSO (Manufacturers Statement of Origin)
title before needs to be assigned to the purchaser by the dealership.  You will need
to have this document as it will be the only document that transfers ownership to the customer.
With the three documents listed above we give you, you'll be ready to head
home with your new purchase.  Once at the border you will need to stop by the
United State side first to make sure there is nothing needed for the US border
agent.  Next, proceed to the Canada border agent office where they will ask for
the paperwork we have supplied to you at our dealership.  They will inspect the
trailer or boat to make sure the VIN number matches; have you fill out an import form and
will collect the goods and services tax and the Canada RIV fee.  (We have been
informed by our customers that a credit card can be used for the tax and fees).
Because we are transferring title to the customer and as a dealership doing
business in the USA, we have no recourse to recover a vehicle once it has passed
over the border.  One of our requirements is to have your new purchase paid for in
full before it leaves our dealership.  Typically we request that a bank draft in US Funds
presented at the time of purchase in the amount of the agreed to purchase price. 
This information could save you time and money.
Other facts to note with importing into Canada:
Most websites state that there is a 72 hour waiting period before you reach the
border with a vehicle.  This is only true if the vehicle is a motorized vessel, such as
a car, truck, motor home, ATV, etc.  With a non-motorized vehicle such as a travel
trailer, 5th wheel, or truck camper, there is no 72 hour waiting period.  You can pick up
your new unit and head strait for the boarder with no wait period.  In the very near future
you will be required to furnish your passports before entering the USA.  If you do not
already have a passport, it's a good idea to obtain one for traveling to other countries. 
Keep in mind, it may take up to 12 weeks to obtain a passport.
For current exchange rates click on the link.
Bank of Canada Daily Currency Rate
Keep in mind, not all banks will have the same exchange rate.
Canada RIV website (Registrar of imported vehicles). 
Click on the picture below to view their site.
If you should have any questions, please contact us directly at 406-265-4572 or email us at Western Trailer & Marine Sales

Search Inventory | RVs | Marine | About Western Trailer
Legal Notice | Contact Us

2017 westerntrailersales.com All rights reserved.